Hall & Oates/new music

Question
Several of the artist who influenced the Philly sound passed this year (Major Harris, etc...). I also heard John Oates' project "Good Road to Follow". Any chance for Hall & Oates making more covers of Philly classics or original collaborations inspired by their roots for John's project? They are such powerhouses as a team with classic rhythm and blues material. It would a great way to honor & advance that wonderful style. Both have made individual material is good but their soul laced H&O songs are terrific. As a team Daryl and John are truly greater than the sum of their parts because they are both journeyman musician/artists. Thanks

Answer
Hi Tam,

I agree wholeheartedly with you they are a unique powerhouse as a team.  I'm sure you have attended a concert and witnessed the soulful, energetic, dynamic, musical experience these two and their band generate. Sadly, I think the desire to create and collaborate together, collectively, is and will remain treasured memories from the past. Daryl is busy not only with Live from Daryl's House but also with the Daryl Hall Project, which allows him to follow his passion of antique renovation.
John appears extremely comfortable following his own passion, creating solo projects that allow him to be the front man, the story teller.
It appears that both men have reached a point in their lives when there are no demands from studios and producers. They decide what they want to do and when they want to do it.
For us, the fans, we have it good, too. We still have and can see and hear in concert when they tour, the Hall and Oates catalogue.  We see on Daryl's show him interacting engagingly with all manner of musicians and talents.  We are finally afforded to see John solo in the spotlight, not accompanying Daryl, but allowing the light and attention to fall gracefully on him.

At this point in my life, I will take them any way I can get them.

Be well,
Diana

Hall & Oates

Diana