Hall & Oates/Live at daryl's house episode 68

I'm a fan of live at Daryl's house. Saw episode 68 yesterday with Darius Rucker. Can you tell me the name of the telecaster guitarist on that show and what model/effects he uses. Thanks.

Hi Albert,

Thanks for writing!  Awesome question, too.

I did not see the episode yet, but it sounds like a great one (wow...Daryl with the former lead of Hootie and the Blowfish...what a performance it must have been).

So....since I haven't seen it, I can't say for sure.  But, if it wasn't one of Darius' men, it may have been Shane Theriot.  Shane is the new music director and guitarist...prior to him, Paul Pesco filled that role.

I am not a guitarist, so unfortunately, I can't say what model Shane uses.  :-(

Hope this helps!

Take care!

Hall & Oates

Timothy D. Hufnagle

I have an extensive background in the music of Daryl Hall and John Oates. I`ve been a devoted fan since 1984, and my collection specializes in the music of these two artists. My "expertise" would span all the way back to the late 1960s (when they did session work with other artists and were in other bands) up to the present day. My "expertise" also includes knowledge of their collaborative efforts with other artists, compilations, singles, and albums. Unfortunately, I can not help anyone who has questions about concert dates (past, present, or future), Hall & Oates souvenirs and memorabilia, radio shows, or bootleg recordings. I also will not answer any questions pertaining to Daryl and John`s personal lives. I'm a firm believer that if you want information on someone`s personal life, go ask them yourself. :-)

I have been a collector of popular music since I was about 4 years old. I was a professional mobile disc jockey for 4 years when I was in my 20s. I've met both Daryl and John on several occasions. I've interviewed numerous musicians, producers, and industry personnel who have worked with H&O. I am a webmaster for my ongoing research website:

I currently belong to the "Hall & Oates All Access Club," and periodically contribute to the online Discussion Forum. I also used to be a long-time member of the following three Hall and Oates Fan Clubs (when the organizations were still in existence): "RSI (Rock and Soul International: The Official Daryl Hall and John Oates Fan Club)," "In Touch" (the UK Hall and Oates Fan Club), and "Link" (the Australian Hall & Oates Fan Club).

For Hall and Oates: I made contributions to "RSI" newsletters, in "Link" newsletters, in *Lexicon* magazine, and in "Elephant Talk" online mailing list digests pertaining to Daryl Hall's work with Robert Fripp (of King Crimson fame). My research was mentioned on the air at KOST 103.5 (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2002. I worked on the 2006 Varese Sarabande CD compilation, "The Philadelphia Years" (I assembled the discography notes along with some other aspects).

I have a B.A. in Integrative Arts from the Pennsylvania State University, and my degree focused on Popular Culture and Creative Writing. I also have a M.A. in Popular Culture from Bowling Green State University (OH). I taught popular culture courses while I was a grad student, and after being graduated, was hired as an instructor for the Dept. of Popular Culture. I also worked for the BGSU Music Library and Sound Recordings Archives (one of the largest public archives of popular sound recordings in the USA--second only to the Library of Congress), and for the Ray and Pat Browne Library for Popular Culture Studies.