Ham Radio/Taking My Ham Tech.Exam

In March I plan to take my Ham Test. Here is my question.Does any one make a radio that will allow me to hear my own voice through headphones when I transmit, or does anyone know how I can build something like it. I've stuttered all my life and have found that if I can hear my voice in headphones,my stutter is almost gone.

Wow, Don, excellent question and one that I've never heard before.

As far as I know there is nothing like what you describe in the Ham world. I think you need something external so that you can use it on whatever radio you like.

After extensive research on sites that I don't know too much about, I think I have found something that ought to do exactly what you want to do.  It may require that you make some cable adapters, but I'm pretty sure it has all the features that you need.  Check out...

This store also has people you can talk to to make sure it will fit your needs.

If you don't need to talk to someone, it's also available on Amazon...

Congratulations on going for your ticket, Don, I'm sure you'll do just fine.

Chris Bushman
Colfax, California

Ham Radio

Chris Bushman

I have been an amateur radio operator for about 41 years.

In real life I managed a small motion picture film lab in Hollywood. I've been a fireman, a teacher of English in Okinawa, a personal computer tutor. I am an Advanced Class Ham radio operator using my originally issued callsign WB6EEQ. I have operated for extended periods of time from Okinawa (KR6FX & KR6OP), Texas (K5VXG), and Mississippi (K5TYP). While in the Air Force, I was a Manual Morse Radio Intercept Operator.

BS Zoology, UC Davis

Member, Society of Motion Picture/Television Engineers - Member, American Radio Relay League - Member, Quarter Century Wireless Assn. - President, Zen Nippon Airinkai, So Cal Chapter - Member, Maltose Falcons Homebrewing Society - Alumni, American Brewers' Guild

I have held Conditional, General, and Advanced Class Ham radio licenses. Attended UC Davis to study Zoology. Go figure!?