Ham Radio/Shakespeare ABS-1600, 5/8 wave

SKP ABS-1600 antenna
SKP ABS-1600 antenna  
I have several SKP ABS-1600 antennae that I got as part of an estate auction.  They are never used, still in the tube.  I have no use for them, and I was wondering if you could tell me what they are worth if I were to put them up for sale?  I did some research and it seems that some people really like them, some people don't.

Anyway, I got a whole bunch of radio equipment in this auction, and I'm looking to get it to people who can use it.  I'm willing to sell it cheaply in order to move it out quickly.  Any ideas?

Thanks for taking my question.

Mike K.

Find a nearby ham radio club.  Ask them about local ham auctions/swap meets/markets.  Not sure where, in California, you might be, but there used to be a huge monthly ham swap meet at TRW in So Cal. I'm sure that your local ham clubs would be able to point you in the right direction.

Chris Bushman
Colfax, California

Ham Radio

Chris Bushman

I have been an amateur radio operator for about 41 years.

In real life I managed a small motion picture film lab in Hollywood. I've been a fireman, a teacher of English in Okinawa, a personal computer tutor. I am an Advanced Class Ham radio operator using my originally issued callsign WB6EEQ. I have operated for extended periods of time from Okinawa (KR6FX & KR6OP), Texas (K5VXG), and Mississippi (K5TYP). While in the Air Force, I was a Manual Morse Radio Intercept Operator.

BS Zoology, UC Davis

Member, Society of Motion Picture/Television Engineers - Member, American Radio Relay League - Member, Quarter Century Wireless Assn. - President, Zen Nippon Airinkai, So Cal Chapter - Member, Maltose Falcons Homebrewing Society - Alumni, American Brewers' Guild

I have held Conditional, General, and Advanced Class Ham radio licenses. Attended UC Davis to study Zoology. Go figure!?