Ham Radio/Nat Geo series - Looking for Ham Radio Experts

We are looking for top ham radio experts to be a part of a new show for Nat Geo. Should have a curiosity and working knowledge
of number stations. Also Radio triangulation experts, finders, DFers etc.
You could be great for this, Chris.
Could you help us get the word out to others as well?

My number is (310) 497-7227
My email is

ANSWER: Well, Austin, I'm not exactly a TOP ham radio expert, and I'm in Northern California and you're down in So Cal.  This link will hook you up with thousands of Hams in your area...

Good luck with your project.

Chris Bushman
Colfax, California

QUESTION: Thanks for this
I would love to do a Skype interview with you if possible.
It would only take 15 or 20 minutes.
Maybe tomorrow or Thursday?

Compared to a lot of other Hams, I would not be a very interesting interview. I live in rural Placer County and am not currently active in local Ham activities.

There are Hams out there that are incredibly fascinating and hugely active in all phases of the hobby.  An old friend in Long Beach comes to mind...

He really knows what's going on in this hobby, is very personable, and would be a veritable gold mine for your project.

Ham Radio

Chris Bushman

I have been an amateur radio operator for about 41 years.

In real life I managed a small motion picture film lab in Hollywood. I've been a fireman, a teacher of English in Okinawa, a personal computer tutor. I am an Advanced Class Ham radio operator using my originally issued callsign WB6EEQ. I have operated for extended periods of time from Okinawa (KR6FX & KR6OP), Texas (K5VXG), and Mississippi (K5TYP). While in the Air Force, I was a Manual Morse Radio Intercept Operator.

BS Zoology, UC Davis

Member, Society of Motion Picture/Television Engineers - Member, American Radio Relay League - Member, Quarter Century Wireless Assn. - President, Zen Nippon Airinkai, So Cal Chapter - Member, Maltose Falcons Homebrewing Society - Alumni, American Brewers' Guild

I have held Conditional, General, and Advanced Class Ham radio licenses. Attended UC Davis to study Zoology. Go figure!?