Hard Drive Problems/Sata laptop hd

Will any 2.5 in Sata hd work on a Toshiba laptop.

Hi John!

Yes, pretty much any SATA will work in a system that will take SATA drives.  I can't think of any reason one wouldn't work, except:

- Enterprise-class drives may not work properly, as they are designed for use in disk arrays and not for individual use.
- Drives larger than 2TB will probably not have the entire space usable - depends on the system capabilities.  I really doubt though that 2.5" drives that large exist yet.
- If adding a second drive, it may require special cable and/or an "interposer" to mount properly in the laptop.

Otherwise, barring these unlikely situations, any SATA drive should work.

If you need help finding a specific drive, then let me know your exact Toshiba model number and your location.

Feel free to follow up with any additional questions you might have.

Good luck!

Hard Drive Problems

PowerEdge Tech

I can answer questions about server hardware RAID and general storage for servers and PC's - hard drive issues, troubleshooting, advice, specs, and information. While some apparent drive/RAID array failures can be recovered, I can only provide advice/recommendations in the event of catastrophic data loss. I don't assist in actually recovering from this type of data loss on this forum.

I worked as an analyst in Dell server support for 2 years, and have since worked with many Dell PowerEdge servers. I am currently employed as IT Manager. I am currently ranked in the top 5 All-Time in Server Hardware and Hard Drives in a very popular and large forum similar to AllExperts.

I have a BS in Computer Science and have earned the following certifications: CompTIA Security+, A+, Project+; CIW Web Design, Database Specialist; Microsoft Windows 7; Dell DCSE Server. I am also an expert in Windows 7, Servers, and Hard Drives (I don't normally do XP - not because I don't know it inside and out, but because I have "retired" personal support for XP, and I want to see it die :)).