Hard Drive Problems/hard drive

Question
Hi, on starting up my lap top I get a message in the top left hand corner of the screen saying S.M.A.R.T has detected a hard drive error , what do I need to do to remedy this ? thanks

Answer
Hi Michael!

You need to 1) make sure you have all your important files backed up (to this now), and 2) order a new drive.  Make sure you have the reinstallation media for Windows so you can reinstall (unless you have been keeping "image" backups) ... you can usually order this from your PC manufacturer.

Feel free to follow up with any additional questions you might have (include your PC make/model and Windows version).

Good luck!

Hard Drive Problems

PowerEdge Tech