Hard Drive Problems/Any Computer dosen't read my external hard disk

Question
i have external hard disk suddenly my laptop doesn't read it and not showing in any computer ... the hard lamp still blinking and i heard nearly six beep when the hard trying to start but it not working

i don't see it in device manager or disk management

Please ... don't tell me that i lost my data forever

any advice or help please

Answer
Hi Medo!

Nothing is gone forever, but it may take a lot of money to get it back.  Data recovery specialists can recover data from nearly any drive situation.

An external hard drive is just a regular drive in an external enclosure ... it is possible that the enclosure has failed and that the disk drive inside is just fine.  You can take it out and plug it into a desktop or connect to a laptop (using a special adapter) to see if you can see the data on the drive then.

If that does not work, then the drive itself likely has failed, so you may need a data recovery specialist.

Feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions.

Good luck!

Hard Drive Problems

PowerEdge Tech