Hard Drive Problems/possible hardrive problem

Question
Thank You for your response to my problem,,,,what is happening is when I turn the power on,,,I get a "no signal",,,,then I get the HP logo ...and then I get a blank screen.....it is an HP NO686AA-ABA..model..a6700y...I did an F9 diagnostic (when it was in the HP logo mode) and it said..testing...Quad-core processor ...passed..testing memory....passed.....but then!...it said...error code-BIOHD-2..warning, no drives detected..again...thank you!..Nick

Answer
It does sound like from the diagnostics that the drive has died.  The only thing that doesn't make sense is "I get a "no signal" ... then I get the HP logo ... then I get a blank screen".  Usually if the hard drive had failed, you would get a message to that effect (hard drive missing/not found, no boot device detected, etc.).  The "no signal" at the very beginning may just be the system's normal sequence of starting up devices, unless that is different from usual for you.  Given the diagnostics error, I would begin under the assumption that the hard drive needs to be replaced.

Feel free to follow up with any questions you might have.

Good luck!

Hard Drive Problems

PowerEdge Tech