Hard Drive Problems/hardrive reformatting

Question
Do you know what files a western digital hard drive may come w/ from the factory?  And if wipe drive can take these off, if any?

Answer
Hi Ron!

Sorry for the delay ... I was on vacation and forgot to set my status.

The actual files will vary depending on the model/series.  Most external drives come with a few files used for their built-in backup software.  If formatted, these drives will be wiped from the drive.  If you are talking about an internal drive, they do not include any files on them.

Feel free to follow up with any additional questions you might have.

Good luck!

Hard Drive Problems

PowerEdge Tech