Hard Drive Problems/memory

Question
i have a dell inspiron 530   4 gb ram  and 470 gigabyte hard drive.   a few days ago the hard drive was totally packed  like zero memory  i tried to delete files  uninstall programs bur nothing would happen  the uninstall program says zero memory or no memory  is it saying that there is no strength or memory left to allow the uninstall device to push anything to work

the computer will not even acknowledge a new external hard drive   is there anything else to be done before i must buy a new machine   thank you

Answer
Hi Aamir!

A new machine is not necessary ... you just need to clean up the drive.

Open [My] Computer, right-click on C: and go to Properties, then Disk Cleanup.  You can choose anything except the "Compress Files" option.  After doing this, then you can try again to uninstall programs.

If you can't clean off space from the drive using the above method (or cannot clean off enough space), you might try doing this from "Safe Mode".  You can enter Safe Mode by tapping F8 BEFORE the Windows screen comes up when restarting your computer.

There is also the possibility that your PC is infected with a virus/malware as the reason for the disk space issue.

You may need to do a virus scan and/or disk cleanup "offline", which would include removing the drive from the computer and hooking it up to another as a secondary drive.

Depending on how computer savvy you are, you may want to take it to a repair shop for some help before removing the drive for offline scanning/cleaning.

Feel free to reply with any additional questions you have.

Good luck!

Hard Drive Problems

PowerEdge Tech