Hard Drive Problems/Heat problems

Wildfire Phoenix wrote at 2015-06-19 23:38:21
Hello Alexander, just wanting to add some information. At some point when your pc's fans starts roaring constantly, the issue at that time will be due to dust clogging the CPU heatsink. All that has to be done is to clean out the heat sink.

It seem to be a daunting task at first, but once you have done that a few times it is not so bad. Recently (within the last 3 weeks)I had to clean out to heatsinks on 2 different desktop computers (sheesh was that a dust fest!)

I hope this information helps you at some point.

Hard Drive Problems

PowerEdge Tech

I can answer questions about server hardware RAID and general storage for servers and PC's - hard drive issues, troubleshooting, advice, specs, and information. While some apparent drive/RAID array failures can be recovered, I can only provide advice/recommendations in the event of catastrophic data loss. I don't assist in actually recovering from this type of data loss on this forum.

I worked as an analyst in Dell server support for 2 years, and have since worked with many Dell PowerEdge servers. I am currently employed as IT Manager. I am currently ranked in the top 5 All-Time in Server Hardware and Hard Drives in a very popular and large forum similar to AllExperts.

I have a BS in Computer Science and have earned the following certifications: CompTIA Security+, A+, Project+; CIW Web Design, Database Specialist; Microsoft Windows 7; Dell DCSE Server. I am also an expert in Windows 7, Servers, and Hard Drives (I don't normally do XP - not because I don't know it inside and out, but because I have "retired" personal support for XP, and I want to see it die :)).