Hard Drive Problems/upgeade HDD

Question
Please Help me. I have a dell Latitude E6500 Laptop. It was upgraded to Windows 7. It came with a 60 GB HDD. How do I  formant and install windows 7 on a new 320 GB HDD? The 320 HD is not installed yet. I tried to hooked it up with an external HD jumper kit I just got. The 320 HD shows up on computer printer and devices window. But no-ware else. I don't have the Windows 7 disk that the dell was upgraded with, it came with the upgrade. Please Help. Sincerely, John.

Answer
Hi John!

You can't "install" Windows to an external disk. The easiest way is to create a backup of Windows, then restore that backup to the larger disk.

In Windows 7, go to Start, type in backup  , and create a backup IMAGE, then replace the smaller disk with the larger and restore the image to the larger disk.

Feel free follow up with any other questions you have.

Hard Drive Problems

PowerEdge Tech