Hard Drive Problems/Hdd to ssd change

Dear expert

I have a 931 Gigabyte sata hard drive on my Asus X551CA laptop and I am thinking of changing to 240 GB solid state hard drive.
Would I need more or less Gigabytes for storage capacity and speed or is this equivalent?
My OS is windows 10

Hi Thomas!

I'm not sure I completely understand your question: "Would I need more or less Gigabytes for storage capacity and speed or is this equivalent?"

931GB (this is actually a 1TB = 1000GB drive) is not equivalent to 240GB. How much of your 1TB drive is being used? If more than about 200GB, you will need to either 1) not use a 240GB SSD (maybe get a bigger one), or 2) decide what you want on the SSD and move the rest of the data to another drive/computer.

If you have any other questions, feel free to follow up with it.

Good luck!

Hard Drive Problems

PowerEdge Tech

I can answer questions about server hardware RAID and general storage for servers and PC's - hard drive issues, troubleshooting, advice, specs, and information. While some apparent drive/RAID array failures can be recovered, I can only provide advice/recommendations in the event of catastrophic data loss. I don't assist in actually recovering from this type of data loss on this forum.

I worked as an analyst in Dell server support for 2 years, and have since worked with many Dell PowerEdge servers. I am currently employed as IT Manager. I am currently ranked in the top 5 All-Time in Server Hardware and Hard Drives in a very popular and large forum similar to AllExperts.

I have a BS in Computer Science and have earned the following certifications: CompTIA Security+, A+, Project+; CIW Web Design, Database Specialist; Microsoft Windows 7; Dell DCSE Server. I am also an expert in Windows 7, Servers, and Hard Drives (I don't normally do XP - not because I don't know it inside and out, but because I have "retired" personal support for XP, and I want to see it die :)).