Hawaii/Burial of ashes

Aloha.   Can you please tell me if it is ok to either bury ashes or scatter ashes among the palm trees at Kaimu Beach ?   I have visited  this beach and uncle Roberts a a few times and would love my ashes to be buried on this beach.    I live in uk by the way.    Last time we were on Kaimu beach we planted palm trees in memory of our uncle who adored Hawaii and visited every year for several weeks.    Also is it possible for a traditional Hawaiian chant to be performed at the burial of ashes, I love the chants of Kealii Reichel and would like a chant for my ashes burial, is there a special one ?  Many thanks. Mahalo.

Aloha Jean,

Sorry for the late reply. I hope you are healthy and only planning this in many many years to come.
Yes ashes can be scattered on the beaches in Hawaii. Usually people do it at sunrise or sunset and make sure the ashes are blown out into the ocean and not on the beach itself. Unless you want to bury some ashes in the sand as well.It is an unwritten rule here in Hawaii that it is ok, just don't go and advertise it. And of course a chant can accompany and scattering. As for a special chant, not really. People usually use chants they like, and that are positive. Most Hawaiians are of course like everyone else sad at funerals but also make sure to celebrate the person's life and not just see the death part.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Aloha, I can answer I would say about 99 % of all questions relating to Hawai`i.

I work for tour agencies as a tour guide so have a wonderful island experience especially from the view of travelers and newcomers to the islands. I am also a high school language teacher.