Headaches/Migraines/Eye and Ear Defects.

Question
QUESTION: Dear Dr Sultan

1. Is it possible that there could be Eye Birth defect in a child
where the child can have vision of only one eye ?. i.e. Child born with vision of only one eye. He/she cannot see with the other eye.

2.Is it possible that there could be Ear Birth defect in a child
where the child can hear with only one ear ?. i.e. Child born with able only to hear with only one ear. He/she cannot hear with the other ear.

Also it is possible that an adult can hear only with one ear i.e. Adult who was able to hear with both ears at birth is able to hear with only one ear. i.e. Has become Deaf with only one ear. Able to Hear with other ear. This may had happened due to ear related infections, diseases etc ?.

3. Statistically this type of Child Birth Defects can be rare ?.

i.e. Could it be 1 out of 1000 in Child Birth where the vision/hearing problem occurs only in one eye/ear ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: Dear Prashant S Akerkar, you are welcome

I am really unable to understand what exactly you want to know. Lopsided growths are not uncommon. You can easily search the data on the internet. If you have some treatment related question, Iíll be glad to answer your queries.

Dr. Sultan Mahmud
21-1-2014

http://autism-psychiatry.com/

QUESTION: Dear Dr Sultan

A Baby born with this defect i.e.

1. Able to have vision only with one eye (Left or right). Able to hear with both ears.
2. Able to hear only with one ear (Left or right). Able to see with both eyes.
3. Able to see and hear both with one eye and one ear. (i.e. Either with Right eye/Right ear OR Left eye/Left ear)

Do you feel for the above Defect/Syndrome/Disorder, Can Vaccines be created
in future and can be given to a Pregnant woman so that this defect/s can be avoided after child birth ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Dear Prashant, welcome again
Vaccines are made on the principle of antigen-antibody reaction, i.e. if some harmful bacteria or virus (known as antigen) enters in the human body, the immune system of our body produces antibodies to counteract or destroy these antigens (i.e. bacteria, virus etc). This is the natural defense mechanism of our body to protect us from different infections. Basically vaccines are not meant to correct the genetic abnormalities. There is a vast variety of structural abnormalities and the scientists are busy to find solution for genetic disorders and in future we can expect anything like vaccine or some other thing to correct genetic disorders. Hope I have answered your question.

Dr. Sultan Mahmud
25-1-2014

Headaches/Migraines

Dr. Sultan Mahmud