Headaches/Migraines/trigeminal neuropathy

Hi, and thanks for your expertise!

Occasionally I get what are called "ice pick headaches". I know this is a problem of the trigeminal nerve. Is anything more known about its causes, what's irritating the nerve?

I'm in excellent health for a 56yo, vegan, exercise regularly, don't smoke, fairly non-stressful lifestyle.

If you take a look at the origin of Cranial Nerve V, the trigeminal nerve, its proximity is very close to the top bone in the neck. If that bone is misaligned, it will create pain like you specifying all day.

What part of Indiana are you in? I'll send a referral if possible for that area.

Dr. Tron Malachowski

Their is a specific cause to most headaches. A thorough lifestyle survey and exam is needed along with a thorough medical history is essential to helping find the cause of this problem that effects millions.

For two years, I have been caring for people who have had irregular spontaneous headaches to people with severe regular migraines that put them out of work for days.

Alumni of Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport IA Prestigious TIC Institute International Chiropractic Association Delta Sigma Chi International Chiropractic Fraternity

Doctorate of Chiropractic Bachelor of Arts Certified Personal Trainer

For example, a patient came in two weeks ago with chronic headaches and neck pain that has persisted for years. After one week of care, she has had no headaches with complete relief of neck pain. A thorough exam and survey was used along with their medical history. Another patient came in 4-1-09. 30 year old female with chronic migraines for 15 years. She took Excedrin and Imitrex almost everyday. We took care of her for two weeks and her symptoms completely resolved. No medication-no surgery-no pills-no lotions.