Headhunters & Employment Agencies/Job Hopping?

Question
Hello, Ed,

I've been out of work for 5,6 months now, and am currently in the 2nd round interview of a company I really love. However, this company is taking a long time in its recruiting process. In the meantime, another company that I don't like is giving me an offer.

Should I take the latter company's offer, and then jump to the Company A I love if the offer comes? I feel like this will hurt my integrity but I do need income right now. I guess I can sustain myself with part-time job income until that Company A decides to notify me of their decision but the latter company's offer is not that bad and pays much more than a part-time job.

I would love some advice, thank you

Answer
Larry-

Thanks for your question.  Interesting scenario, one that comes up quite a bit.  I can't really answer whether you would be labeled a "job hopper" without seeing the rest of your career history.  If this is the first time for a quick move, probably not.  If it indicates a pattern of going "where the grass is greener" then you should be more cautious.  Do what you feel is right for you and your family but you don't want to do this too often.

Good luck!

Ed Freeman
http://employmentatlanta.com  

Headhunters & Employment Agencies

Ed Freeman