Health Care Industry/associates degree in health care administration

Nisha wrote at 2008-09-23 17:57:53
I also will be done with the University of Phoenix in December and live in Florida. There are no jobs that will take an associates degree as there aren't any assistant healthcare administrators positions. I was also led to believe that I could work as an administrator but have found this not to be true. i eel kind of duped!!

Joyce wrote at 2009-10-29 22:52:03
I am glad i read this online because i waa about to began the assoc. degree health care administration program on Nov. 12th.

and i have been a LPN since 1985 and was interested in operating my own assitant living facility in the future.

Jessica wrote at 2010-08-30 21:52:20
I am currently enrolled in the University of Phoenix and I am having the same problem as you are. I was led to believe that Healthcare Administraion would allow me to get a job doing Medical Coding and Transcrition, I was wrong. I was told that with an associates degree you can get a job as HR, in the finace departemnet of a healthcare facillity, and as an office clerk.  

arial wrote at 2010-09-16 15:29:21
I was getting ready to begin the Associates degree for health care information as well. I am doing my research on it...but im glad i read this.

Chris wrote at 2011-01-16 04:52:49
Wow I am so disappointed I am beginning my classes at University of Phoenix for the same title. I am still in the orientation process but this information is good to know thanks.

Kristine wrote at 2011-04-27 14:30:25
I also am attending the University of Phoenix online.  I am in my 2nd week of orientation going for Health Care Administration. I guess I should've done my homework a bit more before enrolling. I've been a clerk before and that's not what I'm paying all this money for.  I'm a little disappointed also.

Monique wrote at 2011-05-03 14:58:51
I also finished AA Health Administration 2 years ago at University of Phienix. I am surprised to hear there are no jobs for this degree. I feel I wasted my time and money on this. I'm planning to pursue LVN. I hear LVN will help put my feet faster into doors. AA health Administration degree is trash!

shelly babers wrote at 2011-09-29 02:07:46
that not true here in Louisiana were i work. i work at a nursing home my last administrator was not a RN are LPN he started here as AIT admin. in training once he passed his test he became our administrator. but i starting at university. of phoenix and i just read on site for bureau labor you must have your bachelors of health care adminstration  

Mamasan wrote at 2011-10-02 08:52:54
I have been searching the internet for weeks for job opportunities in LA, unfortunately none popped up. I finished my AA Health Administration with the University of Phoenix, and I feel I totally wasted 2years of my time and money. Any advice?

Toni wrote at 2012-11-12 03:16:57
I want to know the same thing? I was talked into getting this degree and they made it sound like these classes where per-reps to nursing. I am already a monitor tech in an ICU. What did you find?

Health Care Industry

Robert H. Kieserman

professor of healthcare administration with special expertise in the establishment of a private healthcare practice as well as healthcare marketing and patient relations. I am available to answer any question about medical practice management or health administration in general including health administration as a career.

I have taught over 50,000 healthcare practitioners to begin a private practice and have taught another 7,000 students how to prepare for a career in healthcare administration.

author of four books on the private healthcare practice available through TherapyBooks (888-516-0287)

Full-time Adjunct Professor and Coordinator of the Health Administration Program of Arcadia University in Glenside, Pennsylvania