Hearing Aids/high frequency hearing loss

elijah lovejoy wrote at 2013-02-19 22:52:54
Dr Keifer correctly recommends REM / Real Ear Measurement as part of hearing aid fitting.

ALL costco hearing aids go through this process.  Most other hearing aid sellers / audiologists do not.

Shop around.   Chances are, you'll get the best deal AND the best fitting at Costco.   If not at the first Costco, try another.

You can also get fine service from a Dr of Audiology, if you are fortunate.  But they cannot match Costco's prices, since they sell more hearing aids than ANY other business in the USA.    They often sell for about the same price which manufacturers charge audiologists or Belltone or other sales shops.

Good luck.       Keep trying until you find an arrangement which works for you, considering the fitter, the product, and the price.

Have a long look at

www.hearingaidforums.com      when you are ready to learn a whole lot more.

elijah lovejoy, ph.d.

retired from the University of California, Santa Barbara.

I don't work for Costco, just am a VERY satisfied client of theirs.

Others whom I have sent to Costco have usually (not always) been very happy, too.

Hearing Aids

Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist