Hearing Aids/Help for severe hearing loss

elijah lovejoy wrote at 2013-02-19 22:45:50
You can get a fine hearing aid at Costco for $1500 or less.  You have a 90 day trial period, with full refund on demand.

The same identical hearing aid will usually cost about $2700 from a "regular" hearing aid shop or audiologist.

Try costco.    Try other sellers if you wish.  You need a good instrument, and good support.   Often available at Costco, sometimes available at other retailers / audiologists.

elijah lovejoy, ph.d

retired from U.C. Santa Barbara

not related to Costco, just very pleased with their products and services.   Most who buy there are very happy.    If you are not happy, you can get ALL your money back, rarely possible elsewhere.  

You also get a 90 day trial period, which is very very rare elsewhere.

Hearing Aids

Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist

I am qualified to answer all questions related to the diagnosis and rehabilitative treatment of hearing and balance disorders. This includes evaluation of hearing and balance, counseling, amplification (hearing aids and assistive devices), tinnitus (noises in head) evaluation and management, cochlear implants, and audiology in general.

I started my career as a hearing instrument specialist (on a trainee license) in 1998. After almost 2 years, I decided that I needed to pursue higher education if I was to provide the best care to hearing impaired patients that I could. In 2007, I completed my Doctor of Audiology and have been providing audiological care for over 5 years. I have vestibular, cochlear implant, and pediatric experience along with prescribing, fitting, and verification of hearing aid amplification as part of comprehensive hearing loss rehabilitation.

Audiology doctor and owner at Great Lakes Audiology in Toledo, OH. phone: 419 327-2273 website: American Academy of Audiology, American Speech-Language Hearing Association, Ohio Academy of Audiology

Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Western Michigan University, Speech Pathology and Audiology Doctor of Audiology (Au.D.), Ohio State University Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (CCC-A)