Hearing Aids/HAD Apprenticeship / Training

elijah lovejoy wrote at 2013-02-19 22:36:37
Costco sells many fine hearing aids, and is always looking for new fitters / dispernsers / audiologists.

Go to a Costco or 2, and talk to their lead fitter.  They sometimes take someone on as an apprentice.  Costco will be in business for a long time.   Many private audiologists are losing customers to costco, and closing their business.

Good luck.  People need help.  Costco helps many thousands of people with hearing loss.

elijah lovejoy, ph.d

retired from the University of California, Santa Barbara

Hearing Aids

Dr. Clint D. Keifer, Audiologist

I am qualified to answer all questions related to the diagnosis and rehabilitative treatment of hearing and balance disorders. This includes evaluation of hearing and balance, counseling, amplification (hearing aids and assistive devices), tinnitus (noises in head) evaluation and management, cochlear implants, and audiology in general.

I started my career as a hearing instrument specialist (on a trainee license) in 1998. After almost 2 years, I decided that I needed to pursue higher education if I was to provide the best care to hearing impaired patients that I could. In 2007, I completed my Doctor of Audiology and have been providing audiological care for over 5 years. I have vestibular, cochlear implant, and pediatric experience along with prescribing, fitting, and verification of hearing aid amplification as part of comprehensive hearing loss rehabilitation.

Audiology doctor and owner at Great Lakes Audiology in Toledo, OH. phone: 419 327-2273 website: American Academy of Audiology, American Speech-Language Hearing Association, Ohio Academy of Audiology

Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Western Michigan University, Speech Pathology and Audiology Doctor of Audiology (Au.D.), Ohio State University Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (CCC-A)