Heart & Cardiology/pvc's wake me up at night added info

P wrote at 2013-05-20 18:47:00
Pvcs are horrible I deal with them every day and because they supposably aren't life threading they are life altering

I am at the end of my rope with them

Heart & Cardiology

Charles V Allen Jr., RN, BSN

I work at a "Magnet designated" hospital in a very skilled Cardiac Care Unit with the finest physicians and nurses who utilize our cutting edge technology. I am a skilled Cardiac Care Nurse Specialist, BUT I AM NOT A PHYSICIAN. I WILL ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS BASED ON MY KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND RESEARCH. IF YOU ARE HAVING ACUTE CHEST PAIN, IMMEDIATELY GO TO YOUR NEAREST HOSPITAL EMERGENCY ROOM. I AM NOT QUALIFIED TO MAKE A DIAGNOSIS SINCE THAT IS STRICTLY OUTSIDE THE SCOPE OF NURSING. I CAN ONLY OFFER MY CAREFULLY THOUGHT OUT OPINIONS, BASED ON MY LEVEL OF EXPERTISE IN DETERMINING WHAT YOUR CARDIAC ISSUE MIGHT BE.***PLEASE take a moment to rate my answer!! I need your feedback. I am qualified to educate individuals on the signs and symptoms of a heart attack. I will explain heart attacks, and discuss risk factors which cause heart attacks. I can go over cardiac medications, how the drugs stabilize the patient as well as the risks involved. I would be glad to explain different diagnostic procedures one might expect while hospitalized for a cardiac event. I can help you understand heart failure, coronary artery disease and most conduction abnormalties. Some heart conduction questions are too difficult for me. I will always answer your question ASAP. I realize that your question is important to you. It's uncommon for a delayed answer but if it is delayed I have a good reason. I retain the right to decline questions which are too involved and complex and will often recommend that you direct your question to a Cardiologist as part of my answer. I don't always have the right answer and will let you know when you need to see a Medical Doctor or when to seek a second opinion. I posess knowledge enabling me to answer a wide variety of questions accurately. My answers are accurate,concise and easy to understand. I look forward to your questions and appreciate you trusting me with your concerns and need for information.

I work at a well known hospital on the East coast. I am a Registered Nurse (RN) with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) and very proud to work for a hospital which is "Magnet designated". Approximately 3% of America's hospitals achieve this high status & level of excellence. "Magnet status" means that I work for the one of the best of the best hospitals in America. "Magnet" hospitals have the best customer service, most advanced technologies available, the finest physicians and nurses, and unparalleled overall excellence in all aspects of medical care. It is also a big hospital with over 400 beds (all private rooms). I currently work on the medical telemetry cardiac unit and care for critically ill cardiac patients. We also care for cardiac patient's who have secodary renal, hepatic and pulmonay diseases. This gives me a more rounded experience with a few other body systems. However, our hospital has the most Advance Cardiac Care within a 750 mile radius surrounding us. We provide and will continue to provide the highest quality of care possible for all disciplines but Advanced Cardiac Care is where we completely excel.

American Nurses Association and the American Red Cross: certified in Disaster Nursing.

Bachelors of Science in Nursing.

Due to HIPAA laws I cannot disccuss or identify any of my past or current patients. This is standard for MD's, RN's or anyone who has access to medical information on an individual