Heart & Cardiology/Can it be my heart?

Illandiml wrote at 2013-02-02 10:11:34
15years ago my husband had similar symptoms and was also told it wasn't anything to worry about. Luckily I pushed the doctors to do further tests - he was diagnosed with HOCM at 54 yrs old! I am convinced he would be dead by now if he hadn't been diagnosed then. My advice is don't accept your doctors reassurances, if you feel there is something wrong insist you get further tests.  I only hope the person who posted this question is okay!

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson

Adult heart function and disease. Not very good about children lesss than 12. Hypertension is o.k. Heart rhythm a special interest.

Certified in cardiology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Was chairman of division of cardiology at the Medical College of Virginia. Am now mostly retired.

Fellow of American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology and member of American Physiological Society..

Circulation, American Heart Journal, Hypertension.

M.D. from Harvard Medical School. Residency training at Yale Uhniversity School of Medicine and Medical College of Virginia.

Gold Heartt Award from American Heart Association in 1995.