Heart & Cardiology/pounding of heart

Hello Dr.!
I'm Akash. I'm 25(M). When I feel attracted to a girl or when see some love making scene in the movie my heart starts to pound.

Heartbeat goes up on its own without any exertion. I also have chest pain (right at the centre) does it suggest angina pectoris?  

I'm phobic to height, public speaking and while talking my voice trembles.

Hello Akash,

Pounding of heart is normal when sexually aroused.

Angina is pressure on center of front of chest brought on by exertion and relieved in 5 minutes by rest.  Your pain is probably cramping of muscles in the chest wall.  That's normal and no threat.

Please write back if this doesn’t answer all your questions.

David Richardson

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson

Adult heart function and disease. Not very good about children lesss than 12. Hypertension is o.k. Heart rhythm a special interest.

Certified in cardiology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Was chairman of division of cardiology at the Medical College of Virginia. Am now mostly retired.

Fellow of American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology and member of American Physiological Society..

Circulation, American Heart Journal, Hypertension.

M.D. from Harvard Medical School. Residency training at Yale Uhniversity School of Medicine and Medical College of Virginia.

Gold Heartt Award from American Heart Association in 1995.