Heart & Cardiology/pounding of heart

Question
Hello Dr.!
I'm Akash. I'm 25(M). When I feel attracted to a girl or when see some love making scene in the movie my heart starts to pound.

Heartbeat goes up on its own without any exertion. I also have chest pain (right at the centre) does it suggest angina pectoris?  

I'm phobic to height, public speaking and while talking my voice trembles.

Answer
Hello Akash,

Pounding of heart is normal when sexually aroused.

Angina is pressure on center of front of chest brought on by exertion and relieved in 5 minutes by rest.  Your pain is probably cramping of muscles in the chest wall.  That's normal and no threat.

Please write back if this doesn’t answer all your questions.

David Richardson

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson