Heart & Cardiology/Ekg readings

Question
Im a 26 year old female. I have been having some kind of strange feeling in my chest area, it feels like a gulp of water drop from a faucet once in a while. The feeling is strange, Im not sure if you will understand, but i have no kind of pain just what i described. So this have been going on for a couple months so  I just thought it could have been gas .I decided to go to the Doc. , and a EKG was done   and now im worried.  My results were
Vent rate: 60
Durations   P: 84   QRS: 82
Intervals   PR:126   QT:380   QTc: 380
Axes      P:69    QRS: 59  T:43

Also possible right ventricular hypertropy.
I have no idea if this has anything to do with what i have been feeling. But if you can please provide me with some kind of feedback.Thanks

Answer
Hello Sandra,

Your EKG is quite normal.  Possible right ventricular hypertrophy is an error, an overreading by the computer.

Your gulp of water feeling could be reflux of acid from stomach to esophagus.  Doesn't sound at all worrisome to me.  See if a swallow of milk or liquid Maalox or Gelusil every 3 or 4 hours will prevent it.

Please write back if this doesn’t really answer your questions.

David Richardson

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson