Heart & Cardiology/My heart

Question
Dear dr, I write you from time to time and I'm sorry I always ask the same question. I'm just so stressed out and I don't know what to do. I read online that rbbb and lpfb is rare and I don't understand how I got it and I'm only 31 and I had it since I was 29. Sometimes on my EKG it shows rbbb and sometimes it shows rbbb and lpfb and the lpfb scares me. I read online that 70 percent of my case progress to complete heartblock, is that true?im so scared I might need a pacemaker one day. It would be easier to accept if I was 50. I don't have heart disease as of now and for almost 2 years now my EKG hasn't changed. It confuses me that I have rbbb and sometimes rbbb and lpfb. What can I do to help my heart so it won't progress to complete heart block?i stopped all of my past bad habits. I've been clean for two years.  Please get back to me. Thank you so much. Sincerely, Martha

Answer
Hello Martha,

The odds are about 80 to 20 that you will never need a pacemaker.  You can help keep your heart healthy by exercising a lot, eating a heart-healthy diet, keeping you blood pressure and blood cholesterol within normal limits, and of course not smoking.

Please write back if this doesn’t answer all your questions.

David Richardson

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson