Heart & Cardiology/heart

So I'm 32. Mother of 3.. have asked u questions before ..I have PVC n pac unjust recently afib that converted back on its on in hospital which took 8 hours..but my question is lately I've been just standing in line at store or in my house n out of the blue I will get a weird sensation that my heart has forgot what to do like it quivers and my vision fades for a second n then my legs feel really weak..so I instantly pancic and almost scream for help cause I'm afraid my hearts going to stop ..what is this and am I in danger of my heart stopping. Please help.

Hello Tracy,

Your heart won't stop.  You're probably feeling skipped beats.   Skipped beats are normal heart activity, easy to understand as normal from knowledge of the heart's electrical system and occurring in about half of us.  They don't mean you have heart disease or will in the future develop heart disease or any catastrophe.   If you have health insurance, ask your doc for a 24-hour EKG recorder if the quiver occurs every single day, or for a monitor if it doesn't quiver every day.  That will prove what the quivers are.  But I'm sure they are no threat.

Please write back if this doesn’t answer all your questions.

David Richardson

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson

Adult heart function and disease. Not very good about children lesss than 12. Hypertension is o.k. Heart rhythm a special interest.

Certified in cardiology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Was chairman of division of cardiology at the Medical College of Virginia. Am now mostly retired.

Fellow of American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology and member of American Physiological Society..

Circulation, American Heart Journal, Hypertension.

M.D. from Harvard Medical School. Residency training at Yale Uhniversity School of Medicine and Medical College of Virginia.

Gold Heartt Award from American Heart Association in 1995.