Heart & Cardiology/Heart Holter Results

Question
When I visited my dr about the below results I was suffering from an anxiety attack and he gave me an example of when I should go to emergency but I don't recall what his example was.  As I've stated I suffer from severe bouts of anxiety.  I was also diagnosed with a cyst on my thyroid but the recommendation was to re-check in 6 months. Is it possible that my thyroid is causing the irregular heart beats which then cause me to have a panic attack or could it be just plain stress? I am currently on Micardis HCT for my blood pressure.  Should I change my blood pressure med to a calcium blocker or a beta blocker or should I continue taking what I am on?  Would you recommend me seeing a cardiologist?

Report:

Ventricular ectopic activity consisted of 21 beats, of which 18 were in single PVCs, 3 were single VEs.
The patient's rhythm included 21 min 41 sec of tachycardis.  The fastest single episode of tachycardis occurred at 1:23:34 p.m. lasting 1 min 2 sec, with maxium heart rate of 135 bpm.
Superventricular ectopic activity consisted of 2039 beats, of which 3 were in 1 run, wr were in artial couplets, 7 were late beats, 1606 were single PACs, 292 were in bigeminy, 107 were in trigeminy.  The longests R-R/N-N interveral was 1.3 seconds occurring at 2:15 a..  The superventricular run occurred at 11:02 p.m. consisting of 3 beats, with maxium heart rate of 146 bpm.  

Technologists Comments:
The patient was in sinus rhythm with heart rates ranging from 53 - 135 bmp, mean 81 bpm
Rare isolated ventricular ectopy.  No couplets or VT.
Frequent supraventricular ectopy including 1 run ( 3 beats @ 146 @ 11:02 p.m.) and 12 couplets.  Episodes of bigaminy and trigeminy noted.
No pauses/blocks detected.
Dairy events correlated with NSR and PACs.

Answer
Hello Kim,

You're having premature beats.   Premature beats are normal heart activity, easy to understand as normal from knowledge of the heart's electrical system and occurring in about half of us.  They don't mean you have heart disease or will in the future develop heart disease or any cardiac catastrophe.  Thyroid has nothing to do with the premature beats.  Anxiety and panic make premature beats more frequent.  Micardis i good unless it makes you cough.  I wouldn't change your BP medicine.  You need not see a cardiologist.

Please write back if this doesn’t answer all your questions.

David Richardson

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson