Heart & Cardiology/pvcs ans low pulse

Im a 20 year old female, I'm 5'7 and 240 lb. I have recently been diagnosed with PVC's. Im not getting alot of answers from my cardiologist and im still being tested so far ive had a heart echo and a 24 hour monitor. echo was normal moniter showed that my onset of sypmtoms are when my heart is skipping beats, I have a low pulse of 40to50 daily, i suffer from dizziness chest pain difficulty breathing and onsets of naseous but no vommiting. Im very and on my feet and noticably get shaky when being over worked. I just want to know whats going on and if i should be worried.

Hello Kassi,

Premature beats are normal heart activity, easy to understand as normal from knowledge of the heart's electrical system and occurring in about half of us.  They don't mean you have heart disease or will in the future develop heart disease or any catastrophe.

Low pulse is good, means longer life.

Dizziness, chest pain and trouble breathing are probably anxiety.

Please write back if this doesn’t answer all your questions.

David Richardson

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson

Adult heart function and disease. Not very good about children lesss than 12. Hypertension is o.k. Heart rhythm a special interest.

Certified in cardiology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Was chairman of division of cardiology at the Medical College of Virginia. Am now mostly retired.

Fellow of American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology and member of American Physiological Society..

Circulation, American Heart Journal, Hypertension.

M.D. from Harvard Medical School. Residency training at Yale Uhniversity School of Medicine and Medical College of Virginia.

Gold Heartt Award from American Heart Association in 1995.