Heart & Cardiology/Tests

Question
I just went through a series of tests because i was found with an abnormal ekg reading for a job.I nwent through a stress test what is it that they inject you with prior your oictures and during the treadmill test ?Also i had life watch an aryythmia monitoring system monitoring my heart and so everything checked out ok i was wondering i like wine and feel like i got lucky as i was cleared for the test what else can i do to maintain this good checkup especially in the realm of imbibing and eating?

Answer
Hello N,

2 whiskeys a day or 4 glasses of wine or 4 beers a day is safe.

Eat a heart=healthy diet that stresses vegetables and fruits, limits solid fats and carbohydrates.  Use liquid oils like olive oil or other vegetable oils.  Eat fish and fowl and limit meat that comes from mammals (cows, pigs, sheep).

Please write back if this doesn’t answer all your questions.

David Richardson

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson