Heart & Cardiology/Arrhythmia and cialis?

Question
QUESTION: Hi, I had and ablation for wpw-syndrome at last autumn and now everything should be okay for that matter but I still suffer from arrhythmia sometimes. I think I have two types of arrhythmia: sometimes it feels like my heart skips a beat or an odd feeling in the chest but this passes very quickly, and the second type: sometimes my heart starts to race really fast and the beats are heavy, this usually takes a little more time but passes in about 0-10min maybe... it doesnt usually take very long for my pulse to normalize. So is it okay to take Cialis 5mg or is this likely to create some problems?

Ps. Can arrhythmia, wpw-syndrome or ablation through groin cause any sexual problems e.g. erectile dysfunction, venous leak etc..?

Thanks

ANSWER: Hello Jay,

Arrhythmia and WPW would not impair erectile function.  Ablation through the groin might, if they happened to hit an artery suppling the penis.  Unlikely but possible.  It's okay to take Cialis and even that medicine you inject into your penis.

Please write back if this note doesn’t answer all your questions.

David Richardson

QUESTION: Okay, Do you think that I would have noticed this if they had hit an artery (some bleeding, somekind of mark in the leg)? Is this common if they go through the vein in the groin? I'm more concerned about any problem to the veins (not arteries so much) in the penis (cause I'm afraid of venous leak) is this possible anyway?

Thanks

Answer
The veins that contract to make the penis erect are in the penis, at its base.  They wouldn't have stuck those veins.  Penile arteries come off the artery pretty high up in the groin, so sticking is unlikely, tho not impossible.

David Richardson

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson