Heart & Cardiology/Artery problem in Legs

Question
"Respected Sir,
         I am an old man(65 year).I am very fond of walking,but presently constrained for the following
If you help me I will be obliged
I have some(little)knee pain(NOT MUCH),BUT HAVE GOT GOOD PAIN IN TIBIA(Front bone in between knee and foot)and heavy calf muscle pain which aggravates during walking.Leg veins are PROMINENT,NO SWELLING ANYWHERE
         In the Doppler Study (Ultrasonography) of Lower Limbs it has been seen NO EVIDENCE OF DEEP VEIN THROMBOSIS ,BUT Diffuse ARTHEROSCLEROTIC WALL THICKENING OF Lower Limb Arteries with NORMAL COLOUR FLOW AND FLOW VELOCITIES
 My Uric Acid/Blood Sugar/Calcium Levels are normal.But my cholesterol level is somewhat abnormal as follows
LIPID PROFILE
TOTAL CHOLESTEROL 239 mg/dL          HDL CHOLESTEROL 40 mg/dL
LDL CHOLESTEROL 144 mg/dL
TRIGLYCERIDES    275mg/dL
VLDL COLESTEROLS  55  mg/dL
My question is whether the problem is due to (Peripheral Artery Disease ).I have already started taking Atorvastatin-10 and Fenofibrate 160 and Ecosprin 75(Aspirin).But to improve Claudication(problem in walking)what medicine I should take in addition to regular walking(exercise).
       PLEASE HELP.With thanks"

Answer
Hello Krishna,

The calf pain is due to peripheral artery disease, since it gets worse when you're walking.  Not sure about the tibial pain.  It might be coming from the artery narrowings.  Aspirin and atorvastatin are the correct treatment.  If the tibial pain preceded the fenofibrate, continue the fenofibrate.  If the tibial pain began after you started fenofibrate, stop the fenofibrate for a week to be sure it's not causing the tibial pain

Please write back if this note doesn’t answer all your questions.

David Richardson

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson