Heart & Cardiology/Dropped Heartbeats

I have had a number of tests over the year (I.e., echo streets, thallium test, ecgs, blood work, etc.) and the cardiologist stated my heart is fine. However I was just on a 48 Holter monitor and now I have to see the cardiologist because of dropped heartbeats. My GP says not to worry but should see the cardiologist again because of the dropped beats and the fact that my dad has a pacemaker. I am 39,  on Remicade because of my Crohn's, BP is fine but have white coat syndrome, not on any other meds. Thank you for your response.

Hello Gianni,

Skipped beats are normal heart activity, easy to understand as normal from knowledge of the heart's electrical system and occurring in about half of us.  They don't mean you have heart disease or will in the future develop heart disease or any cardiac catastrophe.    Your echo and thallium guarantee 95% freedom form heart attack and cardiac death for at least 7 years.

Please write back if this note doesn’t answer all your questions.

David Richardson

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson

Adult heart function and disease. Not very good about children lesss than 12. Hypertension is o.k. Heart rhythm a special interest.

Certified in cardiology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Was chairman of division of cardiology at the Medical College of Virginia. Am now mostly retired.

Fellow of American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology and member of American Physiological Society..

Circulation, American Heart Journal, Hypertension.

M.D. from Harvard Medical School. Residency training at Yale Uhniversity School of Medicine and Medical College of Virginia.

Gold Heartt Award from American Heart Association in 1995.