Heart & Cardiology/Hedge trmmer

Can I use the above after having a pacemaker fitted?  It is fairly heavy, is used a lot above shoulder height and I'm worried that I might damage the pacemaker wiring. Thank you in anticipation for your answer.

Best wishes
Martyn Sheffield

Hello Martyn,

Lifting a heavy weight won't harm the pacemaker wiring.  Unless the hedge trimmer has an electric motor, it's okay.   If it has an electric motor, contact the pacemaker manufacturer.  

Please write back if this note doesn’t answer all your questions.

David Richardson

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson

Adult heart function and disease. Not very good about children lesss than 12. Hypertension is o.k. Heart rhythm a special interest.

Certified in cardiology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Was chairman of division of cardiology at the Medical College of Virginia. Am now mostly retired.

Fellow of American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology and member of American Physiological Society..

Circulation, American Heart Journal, Hypertension.

M.D. from Harvard Medical School. Residency training at Yale Uhniversity School of Medicine and Medical College of Virginia.

Gold Heartt Award from American Heart Association in 1995.