Heart & Cardiology/Does This Paper Mean Exercise is Good For Clotting And Declotting?

Hello Dr Richardson,

I'm writing something on exercise being good for you.  The paper, URL below, entitled "Enhanced thrombin and plasmin activity with exercise in man" suggests to me that exercise is good for boosting the body's finely balanced system of making blood clots and declotting unwanted clots.

Is this right?  Is there a more elegant way I can express this?  Is this the body's "fibronylitic balance?"   I'm a layman.

Hello Usuff,

You are correct that exercise is good for clotting and declotting.  The last part of your first paragraph, the body's finely balanced system of making blood clots and declotting unwanted clots, is as elegant as I know how.   Fibrinolytic means clot dissolving.

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson

Adult heart function and disease. Not very good about children lesss than 12. Hypertension is o.k. Heart rhythm a special interest.

Certified in cardiology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Was chairman of division of cardiology at the Medical College of Virginia. Am now mostly retired.

Fellow of American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology and member of American Physiological Society..

Circulation, American Heart Journal, Hypertension.

M.D. from Harvard Medical School. Residency training at Yale Uhniversity School of Medicine and Medical College of Virginia.

Gold Heartt Award from American Heart Association in 1995.