Heart & Cardiology/Does This Paper Mean Exercise is Good For Clotting And Declotting?

Question
Hello Dr Richardson,

I'm writing something on exercise being good for you.  The paper, URL below, entitled "Enhanced thrombin and plasmin activity with exercise in man" suggests to me that exercise is good for boosting the body's finely balanced system of making blood clots and declotting unwanted clots.

Is this right?  Is there a more elegant way I can express this?  Is this the body's "fibronylitic balance?"   I'm a layman.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6450195

Thanks!

Cheers,
Usuff

Answer
Hello Usuff,

You are correct that exercise is good for clotting and declotting.  The last part of your first paragraph, the body's finely balanced system of making blood clots and declotting unwanted clots, is as elegant as I know how.   Fibrinolytic means clot dissolving.

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson