Heart & Cardiology/Potential heart complications

Question
Hello, I'm a 16 year old male who is in a relatively healthy state.
I exercise regularly and reached around 9.7 on the bleep test when I last performed it and was given an 'excellent' rating in terms of physical fitness, though I would say that my diet it quite poor.

What concerns me is that during a biology lesson there was a series of tests conducted on me. I know that my blood pressure was abnormally high and my teacher came to the conclusion that there was something wrong with the machine used to measure it, even though other peoples' blood pressure came into the usual boundaries.

Despite my level of fitness, my resting heart rate is always in the late 70s or early 80s. Furthermore, I have felt a warm, tingling sensation directly on my heart which can sometimes be painfull.

I would greatly appreciate any advice you could provide as I'm now too afraid to compete in any sport whatsoever and I fear my life may be in danger somehow.

Thanks in advance.

Answer
Hello Mitt,

Better get your blood pressure measured by a doctor or nurse.

Tingling over heart is normal, no threat.  Go ahead with sports if your BP is okay.

Please write back if this note doesn’t answer all your questions.

David Richardson

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson