Heart & Cardiology/Prolonged QT

Question
My eleven year old son has been diagnosed almost a year in March with Prolonged QT.  He is on Nadalol 20mg od and we have an AED.  My daughter (9 years old) has had 2 boarder line prolonged QT ECG's and will also being getting genetic testing done soon.

We are from Canada and are planning a trip in 2 weeks to Disney!

* Is there anyone who offers Insurance coverage to kids with prolonged QT?

* Is there a hospital in Florida that is best suited for my kids in case we get into trouble with their hearts?

Thank you in advance for any feedback!
Jen

Answer
Hello Mrs. Deline,

I know nothing about insurance.  Call or write Anthem-Blue Cross.

Any hospital in the US can manage long QT.  I'd ask the hotel in Daytona (or wherever Disneyland is) for its recommendation about cardiology specialized hospitals.

Please write back if this note doesn’t answer all your questions.

David Richardson

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson