Heart & Cardiology/chronic chest pain

Since Nov-Dec 2011 I've suffered chronic chest pain initially brought on by exercise. At the onset of this I was in basic training for the army. I'm a twenty year old white male, at the time I was in excellent shape I assumed it was fatigue from training. First incident was the most concerning, it was a two mile run, which at the time was cake since we were running 4+ miles daily. It continued and persisted through training eventually I was having chest pain at rest. It started as a sharp stabbing pain which discontinued after ten or fifteen minutes at rest. The pain I have at rest is a burning pain persisting around my heart. I have had several ekg's, all were clear. Bone scans, one showed a collection of the radioactive dye along my sternum which they interpreted as an infection which later proved it wasn't.
I have since been removed from the service because of this problem, I didnt trust myself to perform to the standard I held myself to.

my last doctor told me it was micro fractures along my sternum and rib cage which is why I have chest pain. I don't trust this diagnosis as for the past month or two I was mostly pain free, my sternum still felt weak however. This past week the pain is starting to come back with a force and I don't know what to do. I'm a college Student I don't put hard stress on my body anymore as it's still recovering.

It's been two going on three years with this problem and I'm twenty years old.  I really don't know what to do anymore.  I fear the pain coming back more than anything and now it's happening.

Any help would be much appreciated. Sorry for the bad grammar as I'm on my phone.

Hi Scott.
Your chest pain is a symptom, and w/o other tests results, I cannot make a diagnosis let alone advice you.
Read this including the links:
It is highly unlikely your pains are related to your heart. Whether your sternum is involved is impossible to judge from here:
Any successful treatment depends on making the correct diagnosis:
Hope this helps,
Dr T

Heart & Cardiology

Expert opinions on cardiac, thoracic and vascular diseases

Over 30 years experience of dealing as an expert with cardiac, thoracic and vascular diseases

Board certified cardio-thoracic surgeon