Heart & Cardiology/Night sweats after exercise

I've recently started playing floor hockey once a week.  These games are at night and it is a very hard workout.  When I come home I generally have a shower, eat dinner and then go to bed.  Lately after these games I will have a very poor nights sleep and wake up with very bad night sweats.   The nights prior and after I don't experience these symptoms (although I have in the past but infrequently).  

I'm 6'3" and weigh 225 lbs.  I was 250lbs 6 months ago and am still attempting to lose another 20-30 pounds and then reassess.   That said, I am in okay shape as far as cardiovascular exercise goes.   When I run I can usually do about 5km in 30 minutes.  When I run during the day I don't tend to experience these night sweats.

My question is: could any of this have anything to do with my heart?  Or could it have to do simply with my metabolism working harder after a workout?

Thanks for your time.

Hi Dustin,
There is nothing to suggest to suggest these night sweats have anything to do with your heart. Some suggestions:
First, make sure you have adequate bedding/heat - not too much.
Second, have you ever taken your temperature to make sure you don't have a fever?
Are you taking any meds such as anabolic steroids to gain muscle mass?
Last and most important, do you have any other symptoms such as itching, and/or is your weight loss out of proportion to your diet/exercise program?
If so, it is time to see a doctor and get a formal consultation.
Hope this helps,
Dr T

Heart & Cardiology

Expert opinions on cardiac, thoracic and vascular diseases

Over 30 years experience of dealing as an expert with cardiac, thoracic and vascular diseases

Board certified cardio-thoracic surgeon