Heart & Cardiology/Blood Pressure

Question
Im 30 yrs old female. My blood pressure is out of this world. Last Sunday it hit 268 over 176 I was in the hospital ed. In june it caused my lungs to fail and my pancras to fail. My question is what can be causing this? I have a young child who needs their Mum. I can't walk upstairs without feeling ill. Im on bp meds. Had a ecg,cat, vascular us..waiting on mri/mra

Answer
Hello Amber,

There are lots of causes of hypertension.  Curable causes include narrowing of the arteries to one or both kidneys (probably the ultrasound was of kidney arteries), and tumors of adrenal glands (which should have been seen with CT).  Incurable causes include other diseases of the kidneys (which may be cured by transplantation of kidneys) and then there is high blood pressure without known cause, which if the most common.

Please write back if this note doesn’t answer all your questions.

David Richardson

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson