Heart & Cardiology/Exercise and PVCs

I have developed a condition where I have more than 20000 Premature Ventricular Contractions per day.  I have been loading amiodarone for about 3 weeks and see considerable improvement. My question is regarding exercise.  I have been exercising daily on a stationary bike for about 40 minutes and max HR between 130 and 140.  I stopped when we discovered the severity of the PVCs but am wondering what exercise is suitable to do while on the medication and what intensity.  Thanks for the information.

Hi Rick,
If you have told your heart function is normal otherwise as I expect, and unless your doctor has told otherwise, there is no reason not to exercise on your stationary bike. 140 BPM suggests you are well below your target heart rate and perfectly safe.
Hope this helps,
Dr T

Heart & Cardiology

Expert opinions on cardiac, thoracic and vascular diseases

Over 30 years experience of dealing as an expert with cardiac, thoracic and vascular diseases

Board certified cardio-thoracic surgeon