Heart & Cardiology/Heart shaking

Hi. Every once in a while, I feel like my heart shakes for a quick second. It's been happening for the past few days off and on and it's starting to worry me. I am hypoglycemic, but I have been monitoring my blood sugar closely and it has been normal the whole time. I just don't know what to do.
Thanks for your time,

Hello Alexis,

You need do nothing.  Heart shakes for a second are skipped heart beats.  Skipped beats are normal heart activity, easy to understand as normal from knowledge of the heart's electrical system and occurring in about half of us.  They don't mean you have heart disease or will in the future develop heart disease or any cardiac catastrophe.

Please write back if this note doesn’t answer all your questions.

David Richardson  

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson

Adult heart function and disease. Not very good about children lesss than 12. Hypertension is o.k. Heart rhythm a special interest.

Certified in cardiology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Was chairman of division of cardiology at the Medical College of Virginia. Am now mostly retired.

Fellow of American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology and member of American Physiological Society..

Circulation, American Heart Journal, Hypertension.

M.D. from Harvard Medical School. Residency training at Yale Uhniversity School of Medicine and Medical College of Virginia.

Gold Heartt Award from American Heart Association in 1995.