Heart & Cardiology/Low blood pressure

I had a heart attack 3 weeks ago and had 2 stents placed.  I have made a very good recovery, and am on lisinopril, metoprolol, plavix and lipitor.  My blood pressure is running quite low, although I feel fine.  The doctor cut my beta blocker in half because my heart rate was falling into the 40s at rest.  Tonight I took my blood pressure and it is 80/50.  Even though I feel fine, should I be concerned about that pressure?  I will bring it up with my doctor if it continues to be this low.

Hello Kevin,

No, no concern so long as you're not giddy when standing.  If you are, decrease the lisinopril by half.

Please report this to your doctor if it continues o low.

Please write back if this note doesn’t answer all your questions.

David Richardson

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson

Adult heart function and disease. Not very good about children lesss than 12. Hypertension is o.k. Heart rhythm a special interest.

Certified in cardiology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Was chairman of division of cardiology at the Medical College of Virginia. Am now mostly retired.

Fellow of American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology and member of American Physiological Society..

Circulation, American Heart Journal, Hypertension.

M.D. from Harvard Medical School. Residency training at Yale Uhniversity School of Medicine and Medical College of Virginia.

Gold Heartt Award from American Heart Association in 1995.