Heart & Cardiology/Low blood pressure

Question
I had a heart attack 3 weeks ago and had 2 stents placed.  I have made a very good recovery, and am on lisinopril, metoprolol, plavix and lipitor.  My blood pressure is running quite low, although I feel fine.  The doctor cut my beta blocker in half because my heart rate was falling into the 40s at rest.  Tonight I took my blood pressure and it is 80/50.  Even though I feel fine, should I be concerned about that pressure?  I will bring it up with my doctor if it continues to be this low.

Answer
Hello Kevin,

No, no concern so long as you're not giddy when standing.  If you are, decrease the lisinopril by half.

Please report this to your doctor if it continues o low.

Please write back if this note doesn’t answer all your questions.

David Richardson

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson