Heart & Cardiology/Medical consultation required

QUESTION: My father(Age 58 yrs) is suffering from Heart disease and his EF is 28%. Now a days he is suffering from pneumonia with more than 20 days. He has diabetics and BP problem also.

Doctors here told us that his heart is too week to operate. Please consult me about what should be the best treatment for him.

Should EF be improved?

ANSWER: Hi Jaspreet,
Please read my answer here:
Hope this helps,
Dr T

QUESTION: Doctor we are very much worried.Doctor we consulted told us there is no way to improve EF level. They said that Lung infection is due to severe heart failure because of which his EF is 28%. He is suffreing from lung infection and fever (mainly 100 degree celsius whole day even after taking medicines) from more than 28 days.

Please suggest us with some thing that is helpful for treatment.

Hi Jaspreet,
Did you read the link? It showed many treatment options for patients with diminished heart function. Treatment of the lung infection depends on its cause and in most cases is eminently treatable. If no improvement has happened thus far, the treatment needs to be changed. It appears you need to change doctors and/or hospitals.
Hope this helps,
Dr T

Heart & Cardiology

Expert opinions on cardiac, thoracic and vascular diseases

Over 30 years experience of dealing as an expert with cardiac, thoracic and vascular diseases

Board certified cardio-thoracic surgeon