Heart & Cardiology/mild to moderate pulmonary hypertension

Question
Hi David,
I'm a 35 y.o female recently diagnosed with pressure in my left lung slightly higher after an echo. My cardiologist did not give me an exact number, only that I should not be worried cause the numbers were mild to moderate. What does this mean? I'm highly concerned and stressed out because of this. I feel good, I'm not short of breath unless I'm actually running, after 10 min I do feel I need to catch a break. I do experience occasional palpitations and skipped beats, which was the core reason for my echo/stress test. I'm a nervous wreck, I don't want to just collapse and my doc is telling me not to worry.

Thank you
Sherlly

Answer
Hello Sherlly,

Mild to moderate pulmonary hypertension will never harm you.  Get another echo in a year to be sure it's the same or better.  Often goes away.  Skipped beats are normal heart activity, no threat to life or health.  You won't collapse.

Please write back if this note doesn’t answer all your questions.

David Richardson

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson