Heart & Cardiology/symbols on readout of monitor

after taking reading my pressure was 65/32. a symbol of a man with a rounded line near both shoulders appeared, what does this mean. i take lisinipril for hig blood pressure. i am 60 years old.

Hello Tony,

It means your blood pressure is too low.  I's stop the lisinopril for a day and then start back at half the current dose.  Be sure to let your doctor know.

Please write back if this note doesn’t answer all your questions.

David Richardson

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson

Adult heart function and disease. Not very good about children lesss than 12. Hypertension is o.k. Heart rhythm a special interest.

Certified in cardiology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Was chairman of division of cardiology at the Medical College of Virginia. Am now mostly retired.

Fellow of American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology and member of American Physiological Society..

Circulation, American Heart Journal, Hypertension.

M.D. from Harvard Medical School. Residency training at Yale Uhniversity School of Medicine and Medical College of Virginia.

Gold Heartt Award from American Heart Association in 1995.