Heart & Cardiology/24 hour tape

i have had 24 hour tape and my doctor said i having to many ectopics beats and he worried they might turn to af,if i scan my results is there any chance you could look at them for me as i am relly worried.

p.s i live in the united kingdom

many thanks

Hello Enrique,

Ectopic beats are normal heart activity, easy to understand as normal from knowledge of the heart's electrical system and occurring in about half of us.  They don't mean you have heart disease or will in the future develop heart disease or any cardiac catastrophe.
They do not lead to afib.

Sure, I'll look at the report of the tape.  

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson

Adult heart function and disease. Not very good about children lesss than 12. Hypertension is o.k. Heart rhythm a special interest.

Certified in cardiology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Was chairman of division of cardiology at the Medical College of Virginia. Am now mostly retired.

Fellow of American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology and member of American Physiological Society..

Circulation, American Heart Journal, Hypertension.

M.D. from Harvard Medical School. Residency training at Yale Uhniversity School of Medicine and Medical College of Virginia.

Gold Heartt Award from American Heart Association in 1995.