Heart & Cardiology/Chest pain

Good afternoon

iam saleem from india iam 54kg with normal bp my family is pure non vegetarian even i eat the same my parents eat. But from past three years in my left side of my heart i feel pain and discomfort it happen some time not all the time one of my Ayurveda doctor told me not to consume chicken i wil get heart so from that time iam  living my life with outmost care iam becoming pure vegetarian iam not consuming oil in my foods iam having chapathI without oil from past 3years but sometime i feel pain and discomfort pls provide me a permanent solution to get rid of this problem as iam very poor so provide me a solution with less cost.

Hello Saleem,

Chest pain in a young person is usually cramping of muscles in the chest wall.  If pushing on the painful area modifies the pain (makes it better or worse), or if the pain is relieved by bending the body away from the painful area, that proves the pain is from chest  wall.  Even if these maneuvers donít affect the pain, itís still probably chest wall.  Pain caused by narrowing of the coronary arteries that supply blood to the heart is extremely rare below age 40. Chest wall pain is no threat to life or health, just a big nuisance.  Safest management is just to ignore the pain, though Tylenol, aspirin or ibuprofren usually help.

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson

Adult heart function and disease. Not very good about children lesss than 12. Hypertension is o.k. Heart rhythm a special interest.

Certified in cardiology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Was chairman of division of cardiology at the Medical College of Virginia. Am now mostly retired.

Fellow of American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology and member of American Physiological Society..

Circulation, American Heart Journal, Hypertension.

M.D. from Harvard Medical School. Residency training at Yale Uhniversity School of Medicine and Medical College of Virginia.

Gold Heartt Award from American Heart Association in 1995.