Heart & Cardiology/heart beet

in recent years,i was feeling that  my every 5th or 6th heart beet is different from previous 4 or 5 heart beets.i don't have any other problems.my  age is 45(male).is there any defect to my heart?is it normal?pulse rate is average 74.pls give me an advice.
thanking you,

Hello Naushad,

Probably you're feeling skipped beats.  Skipped beats are normal heart activity, easy to understand as normal from knowledge of the heart's electrical system and occurring in about half of us.  They don't mean you have heart disease or will in the future develop heart disease or any cardiac catastrophe. No defect in heart.

Please write back if this note doesn’t answer all your questions.

David Richardson  

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson

Adult heart function and disease. Not very good about children lesss than 12. Hypertension is o.k. Heart rhythm a special interest.

Certified in cardiology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Was chairman of division of cardiology at the Medical College of Virginia. Am now mostly retired.

Fellow of American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology and member of American Physiological Society..

Circulation, American Heart Journal, Hypertension.

M.D. from Harvard Medical School. Residency training at Yale Uhniversity School of Medicine and Medical College of Virginia.

Gold Heartt Award from American Heart Association in 1995.