Heart & Cardiology/heart beet

Question
sir,
in recent years,i was feeling that  my every 5th or 6th heart beet is different from previous 4 or 5 heart beets.i don't have any other problems.my  age is 45(male).is there any defect to my heart?is it normal?pulse rate is average 74.pls give me an advice.
thanking you,
rgrds,
naushad

Answer
Hello Naushad,

Probably you're feeling skipped beats.  Skipped beats are normal heart activity, easy to understand as normal from knowledge of the heart's electrical system and occurring in about half of us.  They don't mean you have heart disease or will in the future develop heart disease or any cardiac catastrophe. No defect in heart.

Please write back if this note doesn’t answer all your questions.

David Richardson  

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson